My Facebook link doesn’t work on iPhones. How do I fix it?
With technology constantly evolving even the most popular devices and applications sometimes have trouble working together. This time it happens to be Facebook and Apple. We’ve discovered that in certain situations the link may break when taking users to your Facebook review page. Fortunately we have a fix!
First you will need to determine if you have a Facebook “vanity” url. If not you should definitely add one as it gives your page an easy-to-find & easy-to-share URL that looks professional & branded.
For example, which of these URLs would you rather share with potential customers…
This one: www.facebook.com/pages/HappyDentistry/5478569871236
Or this one: www.facebook.com/HappyDentistry
So go claim your unique vanity url now by following these simple steps:
- Go to your Facebook page.
- Click About in the left panel.
- In the General section, click Edit next to the Name of your Page to change only the name.
- Click Edit next to Username to change only the username, which appears in the URL of the page.
- Enter the new Page name or username and click Continue.
- Review your change and click Request change. There may be a delay before the name change takes place.
Done! Now you have a unique and more professional looking link for your Facebook page that will work seamlessly across devices and operating systems when sending requests with Rate My Business.